The novel coronavirus which has spread rapidly throughout the world in the past six months continues to cause havoc in the United States. While cases in West Virginia have remained relatively low, the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston and Fairmont State University have taken steps to protect student health.
In coordination with the diocese and health officials at Fairmont State university, the Newman Center has taken the following precautions:
- Face coverings are required to enter and remain in the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be used upon entering.
- Seating in public places and in the chapel area have been spaced apart to allow for social distancing.
- All surfaces touched by students will be cleaned at the end of each day.
- No more than 25 people are allowed in the building at the same time.
- There will be no shared or self-served sources of food.
- The kitchen has been closed to student use.
- The holy water font has been emptied, although personal bottles of holy water will be available to visitors.
- We will forgo the Precious Blood at communion until the pandemic is over.
The Bishop has relieved us of our obligation to attend Mass on Sundays if we feel it is unsafe to do so.
If there are questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and God Bless